Step 1: Find Your Licensed Building Professional
As the modular home manufacturer, Rochester Homes designs the modules and provides the floor plans to your authorized builder before you begin. Your licensed builder will oversee the construction and will be your point of contact and communication from day one and throughout the process.
So, lets get started...
Step 2: Purchase Your Modular Home
After prequalification, your builder will help you set a budget that works with your unique vision for your modular home. If you don’t already own a plot of land for your build site, your builder may be able to provide resources and steps on how to find one!
Step 3: Prepare Your Lot
Once you’ve selected your building location, your builder will perform a land test and inspection to prepare the area for your home.
Step 4: Design and Customize Your Home
You'll work with your builder team to design your dream home. That includes choosing a floor plan, determining the right specifications, and selecting premium customizations to make your home truly yours.
Step 5: Build Your Modular Home!
After your home has received approval from third-party engineers and your loan financing is secured, construction can immediately begin!
“We couldn’t be happier with our home. We were able to customize and get exactly what we wanted without compromising.” “We didn’t want tto go through the hassle of waiting 6 months or more to get into our new home.”
– Mike & Paula Fritschle
“We were blown away after we went through the floor plans in the brochure and after seeing the high prices of existing homes, we knew Rochester Homes had the best solution for us.”
– Nick and Miriam Bokan
Construction inside Rochester Homes facility begins as well work on the jobsite happens simultaneously
Hover over a step below!
- Modular units are constructed offsite 60-90% complete
- Units are delivered to the jobsite on specially designed carriers
- Onsite construction begins with lot clearing, footers, foundation, electrical, well, septic etc…
- Home is set on to a permanent perimeter foundation
The countdown begins the moment your home is in production!
- Onsite finishing of home
- Installation of mechanicals
- Inspection of onsite work by building officials
- Certificate of occupancy/final walk-thru
Typically the process is complete 60 to 120 days from the day of setting.
The Rochester Advantage
Building with Rochester Homes comes with unique advantages that help you create your dream home in a faster, more efficient way than traditional, site-built homes.
- Building materials are protected from weather damage
- Preassembled modules allow for faster construction time
- Climate-controlled facilities mean a more energy-efficient process
- Greater ability to customize your home
Learn more about our process—download a brochure or contact us to connect with a builder!Download a Brochure Today